Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Year and a New Camera

So I admit, I got off to a rough start with my photography blog. With the weather in New Jersey being uncooperative and sort of yucky overall---I haven't been out shooting at all recently. That being said, I did find the time to upgrade from my Nikon D60 to a Nikon D90 and am ABSOLUTELY in love with it. It's a great camera, lots of neat extra features and amazing performance at higher ISOs. It's definitely been a lot of fun playing with so far.

For Valentine's Day, my Hubby Erik had planned a trip out to a local vineyard to do some wine tastings and let me try out my new friend. Unfortunately, after 2 hours of driving we couldn't find the place and ended up scrapping the idea and headed home. I did end up with a shot of the roses that I got for Valentine's Day that I really ended up liking, so I thought it would be a good first image to post as a late present to anyone who may be reading this. Hope you had a great V-Day. I'm not big on this holiday, but it's always nice to have an excuse to get flowers---right?

Here is the shot I took while putzing around a few days after the 14th.




The weather tomorrow is supposed to be less than pleasant (we're expecting about 10 inches of snow here in New Jersey) but who knows, maybe since I'm stuck inside it'll be the perfect opportunity for some pet photography and getting a better handle on my SB-600.

Until next time,
Ann!

No comments:

Post a Comment